View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 01:05 PM

Default Re: What do y\'all think of my Bengals bet?

Thanks for everyone's input. I'm glad to hear the Vegas line is at 7.5. I've been following the Bungles for over a decade, so I'm used to their losing ways and think they will continue.

To answer some questions, yes, I like money, and no, I wasn't drunk when I made this bet! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I just thought it would make this season a bit more interesting. My friend the enternal optimist was prattling on about how they are going to the Super Bowl this year so I had to step in and say something. Looking back on the bet though, I should have taken 8-8 (he very likely would have given it to me). That was a big mistake if they manage to go .500.

Anyway, here's my very amateur reasons why the Bungles will continue to suck this year:

Big #1 is the ownership. Mike Brown is a complete buffoon, and doesnt seem to care whether the Bengals win it all or go 2-14 again. It's this apathetic attitude in the front office that has dragged the Bengals down and will continue to plague the Reds (possibly worse ownership).

#2 is Carson Palmer- will he be the next Ryan Leaf?

#3 is their brutal schedule and the fact that Baltimore looks to be pretty good again this year.

#4 - No Defense. The first decent draft in a decade has helped in this area, but was it enough? Bengals allowed a lot of points per game last year.

#5 - Rudi Johnson instead of Corey Dillon?

#6 - They are the Bengals and this is Cincinnati. No Shot.

Interested to hear what more positive(and/or impartial) anaylists think about their chances this year.