View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Re: RFID tracking in Calif. school

It is very disturbing technology to say the least. But of course you start it in the schools. Schools are the training ground of control for the human condition. You certainly aren't going to hear about a bunch of retirement homes suddenly tagging the old folks.

It's very interesting to watch tracking technology creep in. And many are ok with it. Why is it justified by knowing if the kids are "in the loo" or smoking behind the building, or whatever? I am willing to bet none of us had these tracking devices when we were in school. Did we not make it through ok? Where are the stories of children suddenly vanishing into thin air on school property? I know kids go missing, but 9/10 its a disgrunteled parent.
No, the schools are where it starts. Locker searches, metal detectors, cameras, and now RFID tags. It moves from the class room, into society.

Imagine an Orwellian society, in the very near future, where every single American is given an implant at birth that is used for tracking. Sure, you say, I can use it to buy goods, and store medical records and other supposed conviences. But imagine, people being able to track every single thing you do, every single moment of the day. When you got up, when you went to the bathroom, when you checked the mail, whats in your mail, whats in your kitchen for breakfast, if you are late for work, etc..... And the moment you leave your house, you are subjected to the thousands of micro-cameras that are in all public places. And all of this information goes into a database. Some supercomputer somewhere with an icon for every single living American. One click of a button and that persons location and entire string of activity back to birth can be brought up.

This is slavery in its most amazing form. And its not science fiction. It's the 21st century.