View Single Post
Old 09-03-2004, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Limping with low pocket pair

well, again, get ready for the aggro-line i'd have taken:

preflop: you're 6 handed with a solid, not great hand which you want to get your stack in on if you hit your hand (set). this won't happen over an unraised pot. you're 2 off the button and would LOVE to play this baby with position, so i'd open raise here to buy the button and play against the blinds/utg/limpers.
flop: now you can sissy-fire at the pot and 70% of the time get raise-stealed all in. alternately, bet out hard and hope to get called, all work ok depending on opponents.
turn: both places, your line and my line, you must get all-in here, no questions asked. too many possible draws out there and too many bad hands that will call, especially with the size of the pot.
river: you caught your gin card (diamond pairing the board) and he caught his uber-card, not a bad beat, but there's no way in heck i'm folding here.

remember that 6 handed is a war of attrition. let them know that they don't get to play against you when you're in position for cheap [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

fim