View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Re: Driving after drinking moderately; or, how do you know where .08 is?

I got pulled over once and blew a .078. Fortunately, the cop let me go without even a ticket despite the fact that he said I was also speeding, swerving over the median, had expired tabs... But I was really surprised that I was so close to the limit. I had stopped drinking hours before and hadn't even had that much. I assumed I was well under the limit and perfectly fine to drive. Obviously, I was wrong.

The lesson I learned is that .08 is much lower than I had thought. That scared me out of driving while even slightly intoxicated again. It's just a bad idea. Don't do it. One of my roommates didn't learn that lesson and I watched him have to pay tons of money in legal fees, go to coutrooms, and so forth for months. The ordeal was awful and all told can be extremely expensive. It's just not worth it. Even if you "know" that you are sober enough not to be hazard, the legal limit is quite low and if you get caught you will get completely [censored].