View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 02:01 AM

Default Re: Dealing with loose preflop raisers oop with mediocre hands

[ QUOTE ]
Why can't you call, hit top pair and solid kicker, win a decent sized pot. Or, call with AQ or 66 and totally miss the flop but call down a player if you feel he'd lead with nothing? Also, if he's that aggressive, you'd be wise to try and hit a small set and win a big pot from him. I don't understand why you can't just play the flop, even though it is online. I hate three betting from out of position without a monster. I like taking flops, that is where I'm most comfortable at determining his hand range, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make this sound so easy! The probably here is that you aren't flopping top pair or even a pair more than half the time with two broadway. Also, with a pocket pair if you want to 'flop a set and win a big one,' you're going to have to call 8 of these raises and fold to 7/8 continuation bets when you whiff the flop. Not to mention, with these types of players, they will slow down at the first sign of your strength.

I personally was thinking about this same thing recently. I've actually decided to tighten up my hand range for calling an openraise in the SB/BB so we'll see how that goes.

Later,
-Ace