View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Playing fewer tables, limp-reraising more, may be an idiot

[ QUOTE ]
So my shorthanded 10/20 graph has been looking like a crackhead's EKG lately, and as a result I've been playing fewer tables (1 or 2). A play I've been finding myself liking lately when I'm out of position against multiple loose callers is open limping with smaller pairs and suited aces. They tend to be more likely to overlimp, which gives me the appropriate amount of multiway action where I think it's +EV to play these hands.

Occasionally, they fold, and and the small blind or big blind raises. Since I have position on these guys I have had the instinct to limp-reraise for a couple reasons, depending on who's raising.

1. If it's the SB, he may be looking to get heads-up with a limper (me) who's shown weakness by limping. LRR'ing seems to spook them.

2. If it's the BB and the SB has completed, a LRR will likely knock him out. I'd rather do this with the PPs than suited aces.

3. I find I get either very little or too much postflop action, and it's pretty easy to get away from these hands with position. When I catch a big hand, it's very well-disguised.

4. If a showdown happens, I look like a clown in a play that's likely to get noticed.

I should say this is a RARE play for me, but if it's idiotic I might as well make it one I never make. Since I seem to be having success, I figured I'd check in and make sure I wasn't setting myself up for a hurtin'.

Does anybody else do something similar? Is this dumb, and if so, why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I took that statement to mean the whole situation is rare. Were you just referring to #4?