View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Hawaiian Gardens - Floorman Screwup

In many cardrooms, a forward motion with chips in hand is considered a bet. This isn't necessarily what you'll find in robert's rules, but it is nonetheless a very common rule. If the cardroom uses this rule, and the floor uniformly enforces this rule at HG, then you did not get screwed, you simply made a rather unfortunate mistake. HG is not my usual stomping ground so I don't know what their rules are, but in most california clubs this will probably be the rule. In las vegas you'll find more diversity, but if there's a betting line, any forward motion with chips past that line will be a bet. In general, I believe a forward motion with chips past either the betting line (or your cards when there is no betting line) should be considered a bet.

There's a lot of grey area here, and I didn't actually see precisely what happened in your case, but from what I read I cannot be too upset with this particular floor's decision. I suggest you make your actions more clear in the future.

al

edit: after reading the other posts, apologizing might be a good idea if you want to be in good with the floor at HG. It's not a good thing to have a floorperson dislike you if you play at the same place all the time.