View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 08:59 AM

Default Re: The point

If you are saying there are times when limping is better than AI I disagree.

[ QUOTE ]
It seems to me that there are certain hands, most notably low pairs, that will not call an all-in, but will give you action if you limp or raise a smaller amount. With a relatively short stack, you probably should welcome action in a favorable situation, rather than simply trying to maximize your chance of winning the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a benefit to limping but its just a very rare occurance. What about when you limp, everyone gets spooked out and the J2o outflops you from the big blind? I guess if you have some extreme situation with a tilty player or a player who will knee-jerk push if anyone limps with anything, then fine. But any situation where limping is better has to be an extreme.

You also have to keep in mind that there are pairs lower than 88 that will call this all in some of the time and hands like JTs and up that will push if you limp and will not call an all in. You also may get tight players folding 99 or TT especially if they act with a bunch of people behind them.

So... In essense I really disagree that there is ever a reasonable (read: non extreme) reason to limp over pushing.

-Jason