View Single Post
Old 07-06-2005, 08:00 PM

Default Re: Is No-Limit worth switching to at B&M?

I have been pondering this question myself. I am currently crushing the local B&M's 3/6 game where the fishies are plentiful. I look over to the NL tables and it appears that there are some better players there. Occasionally some of these players are at the 3/6 tables playing while waiting for seats at NL, so I can tell that they are better than the 3/6 norm. Some of these people have told me that they do much better at NL because the rake is proportionally less.

One of the magazines had an article saying that NL was the way to go - that one could average $25/hr easy at low stakes NL. I'm doing that now at 3/6 (which I know is a wild 15BB/100 win rate and a very good run).

I have decided to wait until at least the end of the year - I have heard that a new 2+2 book is coming out in the fall that addresses small stakes NL hold em. I will build my bankroll, wait for that book and study the crap out of it as I did with SSH. Then I'll dip my toe in the NL waters and go back to limit games at the first sign of a downswing.