View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 02:32 AM

Default Re: Watch Waxie Move Up

[ QUOTE ]
(semi-hijack)

[ QUOTE ]
The thing is: you can begin to get an inkling that AJo will lose you money raising it UTG after you play 20,000-40,000 hands. Or, you can accept that if many of the Mods and high volume posters are saying the same thing, then there is probably a good reason for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's great and all, but the advice is mostly useless because it boils down to me having to keep a log of a billion posted situations, reads, and the play for each. In other words, if the only thing a high-volume player says is "raise" (etc) then I haven't learned much.

Why should I raise? Give us the benefit of your experience; why you give the answers you do. And if you say "bet" or "raise," how much?

A lot of times what I get out of posted hands is that I played it wrong, but not the thinking that would lead me to the right way.

Why is AJo unprofitable for a raise UTG? Does it have something to do with what it hits? Who calls? Something else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me direct your hijack to 3 responses before it's posting.

See i thought your idea was so good that I did it before you asked.

Wow.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

do you always fold AJo UTG??

[/ QUOTE ]

In a full ring game, yes I do fold AJo UTG. My reasoning for this works as follows:
1.I have terrible position both preflop and postflop.
2.I can't call a raise behind me because of the likelihood I'm either coinflipping or killed.
3.I can't really make the nuts (only TPTK or TPMK usually come out of AJo)
4.TPTK and TPMK are really hard to get value out of OOP.

I don't play 6-max, but I imagine that folding AJo UTG in 6-max is too tight. I'd still imagine that it's a very tricky hand to play well from UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]