View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Re: Watch Waxie Move Up

I got to this post pretty late but I also play NL 25 and thought I'd toss in my two cents.

3 betting with AK preflop is asking for trouble. What hand that reraises do you dominate and/or folds to your 3 bet here? Why build a pot OOP when possibly dominated. Ok, maybe you feel you'll gain information from a 4bet and can fold, but over time you're gonna find that play to be -EV.

Raising AJo UTG is table dependent. Generally though I'd fold it. You raise with it and then smooth call a reraise with it... You're asking for trouble... What do you do on an A high flop? Fold? Why did you raise it then? What happens when you raise AJo UTG and get two smooth calls behind you and an A high flop? You have to play it out of position and could easily be dominated.

So.. hand one with AK, fold or call(read dependent) the reraise and revaluate the flop. I'd lead any A high flop for whatever your normal continuation bet is. Hope someone calls you down with AQ or JJ-KK.

Hand 2 with AJo, fold preflop or if you still feel the need to raise it, I'd dump it to a reraise behind me.