View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 12:17 PM

Default Re: what is the best buy-in to gain MTT experience

[ QUOTE ]
I have not reached the M part of HoH yet, but from what I understand its the sum of the SB + BB + antes as a percentage of your stack, so the other stacks at your table are not involved when calculating your M, or have i been told wrong?

If your thinking of them bulllying you when your involved in a pot, only enter a pot with them when you have position + a hand your prepared to go all the way with.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you have bot been told wrong. My problem is exactly what you state in your second paragraph. If I'm going to have to commit my whole stack it must be a good hand so it may take 20 or 30 hands to find it. That means I've gained nothing in 20 to 30 hands whilst the big stacks have been in most pots picking up chips from people too scared to call big continuation bets or overbets with marginal holdings.

There is no value in trying to bet half your stack to scare someone out of a pot when that bet is only one tenth or less of the big stacks chips. If you see my point. I'm starting to beleive that there is a critical point where whilst you may still have a good M and be 'in the tournament' your chip stack is so low that apart from a run of good cards and doubling up a few times you are just 'dead money walking' You are the tournament dinosoaur, your chip stack has died but it will take a few more table orbits for the body to stop playing hands.... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]