Thread: ICM Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005, 01:04 AM

Default Re: ICM Thoughts

DISCLAIMER: Not only am I not an ICM nerd, I really don't even know the math behind it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Let me give my shot at putting this into my own words:

He is saying that when there are many people left with large blinds and everyone has about the same amount of chips, it is FAR better to gain a large stack than take the 300 chips in blinds. If he is pushing KQ from UTG he is very likely to be called, however, he has a decent chance of winning. This is where, say, .2% EV comes into play. If you push 74o from the SB, sure, it's +EV, say, .3%, however, this EV comes from the fact that he's folding a lot. You're going to take both of them, however, you prefer the .2% of the KQ because a large stack at this point in the SnG gives you a much better opportunity to put the pressure on the smaller stacks.

Also, when there are 6-7 people left, stealing the blinds isn't going to really give you a better chance of making it into the money than if there are 4 people left.

By the way, I agree with this completely, and it is how much of my thought process is done when playing.