View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Iraq War (a few facts)

[ QUOTE ]
The recent posts on the Iraq War have so many factual errors I had to start a new post.

1. The current war in Iraq is actually a continuation of the one in which Iraq invaded Kuwait. That war never oficially ended. A cease fire was agreed to by Saddam Hussein. He broke the cease fire agreement when he jacked around with the UN inspectors for 10 years. Clinton didn't have time to get BJ's from Monica and perform his job at the same time, so all we had was a 10 year intermission.

2. Anyone who believes there were no WMD's is naive. Just ask the Kurds.

3. Anyone who believes there was no connection between Saddam Hussein is naive and uneducated. Just follow the Saudi money trail.

4. Anyone who disagrees with points 2 and 3 needs to realize that international politics is not the US court system where you need everything documented in triplicate for a conviction. All you need is to learn your history, read between the lines, and apply some common sense.

5. Even if we relocated Israel to Greenland and gave the whole country to the Palestinians the crazy Arabs would find something else to fight about. Go read your pre-WWII Middle East history.

Gulf War Vet (USAF 89-93)

[/ QUOTE ]

I just felt like joining the party, so I too will handle these one by one.

1. You can't continue an unlaunched war - as a veteran, you know that neither war was declared in the Constitutional manner, and thus any "cease fire" is a de facto end to the war.

2. As has been said, no WMDs have been found, and if you're currently in possession of them, congratulations, call the President.

3. You pathetic explanation of this point has been debunked well enough already.

4. "Points 2 and 3 are really good guys, I swear!"

5. Look at world history pre-WWI and you'll realize that it was all very feudal.

That's all been said, but I feel like if we reinforce it every 2 or 3 posts he'll get the picture. You are incorrect, sir, and FishHooks agreeing with you is essentially a confirmation of that fact.