Thread: 2 questions
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 08:39 PM

Default Re: 2 questions

[ QUOTE ]
do you hate preflop? what's your flop play?

Canterbury 15/30 8 handed
There are 2 BB's posted in this hand cuz someone left. UTG folds, UTG+1 opens. This means very little. He is a fish (he's a dealer at canterbury) and his range is HUGE here. Folds to me on the CO with T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], I call. Super fishy button comes along. One blind folds, one calls. The one who calls plays pretty well and is very honest.

Flop 4 ways (9SB): 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Blind bets, UTG+1 raises, I..........

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop is OK IMO, if you have a strong read that the Button is calling too. But, even then, it is probably marginal.

On the flop, I would just call for two reasons mentionednin OP's reads.

1. "The one who calls [Blind/flop-bettor] plays pretty well and is very honest." You are likely not improving your chances to win by spiking a T or 9, since I doubt the Blind is folding his Q.

2."Super fishy button". Since the button is "super fishy", he will likely cold-call in this pot that is getting big and exciting (just the kind super fishy players like). So, by calling, you get 8 SBs in this round at the cost of 2 to you (+2.4sb in EV, assuming 55% equity). But, by 3-betting you are likely getting 9SBs in this round at the cost of 3 to you (+1.95sb in EV). Now, if Button will call 3-cold, then it is a different story.

Also, by jamming now, you hurt your implied odds if you check when you miss the turn, which will likey be the right play since there will probably be 3 players in a big pot (i.e. you will have no bluffing equity).