View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 08:11 AM

Default Re: Funniest Moment, but you can not laugh.

At my Dad's funeral...

(this oughta be good)

...the procession of cars leaves the church, and heads for the cemetary. First the hearse; then the flower car (an El Camino, loaded up); then the limo with my mother, my siblings, and me; then a million cars behind us.

As we get to the town square--the busiest intersection in town--a giant horseshoe-shaped flower arrangement gets lifted off the top of the flower pile by the wind, and lands in the road. Bad idea to put that one on top, I guess.

The guy driving the flower car stops in the middle of the street, and gets out to retrieve it. We stop right behind him, so we have a front-row seat for what happens next.

The hearse also stops. The driver gets out to see what the problem is, and as he steps away from his car, he doesn't notice that it starts rolling away.

To be clear, the car carrying my father's remains is now rolling driverless towards the busiest intersection in town.

You think our limo driver is trying not to laugh?

(Actually, HE was the one looking on horrified, while we all laughed like it was the funniest thing we ever saw, because it was.)