View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 03:14 PM

Default Re: My PT stats.. especially folded to steals

When this happens to me I press the reset button.

I become a smart rock for a while. I only enter pots with premium cards and only for a healthy raise. If you can't open for a raise with what you think is the best hand, fold. never limp OOP, NEVER. Don't try to outplay your opponents after the flop and don't bluff. When you think you're ahead, bet and raise. When you think your beat fold, no matter what you have.

By playing this way for a while you can't loose much and it's very easy. It lets me think about what the other players at that level are up to while building my confidense that I CAN play a this level and not get killed.

Also, you'd be suprised at how many people aren't paying attention to you rockish ABC play and will pay off you're big hands.

I play like this until it gets so boring I can't stand it. Then I start buiding my game back little by little. I might start calling raises with small PP in position as long as the stacks are deep enough. Then I might add a c-bet once and a while, but only when the conditions a perfect.

After a few 1000 hands I have my full game back leaving behind all the crappy habits and plays that don't show a profit.

Then I"M BACK BABY!