View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Chuck\'s ready to make a change

[ QUOTE ]
wrt the split of mid/high to mid and high, i dunno, is there really either enough traffic for that or enough problems to warrant that?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you are misunderstanding the goal here (or at least what I think the goal should be). I don't see want to see mid/high turn into two forums. I want to see (small + mid/high) collectively turn into three forums rather than the current two. The new "high" forum would be similar to today's mid/high forum. The new "mid" forum would include both the top end of the current small stakes forum and the low end of the current mid/high forum. 15/30 and 20/40 games are very popular and important and currently have no real home. Some people, like jason_t, are posting those hands in small stakes. If I have a live 20/40 hand, that's where I post it as well, but having 20/40 hands alongside 2/4 hands is not good. Other people post those hands in mid/high, but that isn't good either as they mostly get neglected there because everyone is interested in bigger games. I think it would make much more sense to have small stakes be mainly for 2/4 through 5/10 (also live 6/12 - 9/18 games) since these games are fairly similar and then have a mid stakes forum for roughly 10/20 - 20/40 (plus live 10/20 - 40/80) games, and then have a high stakes forum where people can keep posting online 30/60 hands, live 80/160 hands and so forth. These seem to be the natural communities we have now anyone and it would be good if each had its own forum. The exact boundaries between the forums are debatable (should live 10/20 be in small stakes), and I think in general it's better to have rough guidelines and let people post where they feel is appropriate.

In the TStone letter thread in NVG, you'll see longtime respected posters like Rick Nebiolo (I think; going from memory here) saying they don't post hands in mid/high anymore because their lower mid-limit hands aren't really well received alongside the usual 50/100 hands. I feel the same way and haven't been posting there as much.