View Single Post
Old 03-07-2005, 03:13 PM

Default I took down biggest pot of my life but my friends say I should not hav

Live 5/10 NL game

Hero $1000
MP $1200
Button $850

I have J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in big blind with 6 limpers to see a flop with $30 in pot. Flop comes back

A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I lead out with a $15 pot building bet (planning on taking it down on the turn) and get two callers. The turn card is an

A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Not exactly the card I wanted to see. I check the turn and the MP bets $70 the button calls. I’m sure they both have aces but figure if I fill up on the turn I can break them both for $70. The river is the

J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check and MP bets $200 and button raises to $400. I’m certain that neither has AJ maybe A6 but doubtful so I move all-in for $715 and am called by both.

MP has A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Button has A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Was I wrong to call $70 on the turn when I was certainly behind and only had 4 outs to save me?
Should I have called the reraise instead of moving in on the river fearing a bigger boat?

In the end my $70 bet won me $2000