View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Re: PokerStars & FPP\'s, Getting Screwed?

Okay -

I'm just going by 'raked-hands' (as opposed to VRP's or whatever) because that's what it would be for me playing limit 6-max or full-ring.

First 1.5k raked hands = 1,500 fpp's
First 4k raked hands = 5,250 fpp's
First 10k raked hands = 17,250 fpp's
First 100k raked hands = 242,250 fpp's
First 150k raked hands = 417,250 fpp's
First 200k raked hands = 592,250 fpp's
First 220k raked hands = 662,250 fpp's

It looks like the WSOP main-event pacakge might be in the 650k fpp's range (because the $5k event is 310k fpp's) which would be about 220k raked-hands.

Obviously if you're going to do this the points add up faster after you get those first 100k hands out of the way.

So for about 150k-160k raked-hands you are off to Europe for an EPT event if you like (about a $6.5k-$6.9k package).

This is about 4.3 cents in value per raked-hand.
Little tight to try to get this in January anyway.

But you can think about Barcelona or Ireland next Sept or Oct if you want (assuming the EPT continues and they are a part of it).

If I just wanted to do the WSOP main-event and the PCA package in Jan 2007 (both around the 650k FPP range I'm guessing) then it will be 220k raked-hands approx for the WSOP main-event and then another 177k raked-hands after that for the PCA package.

That's 397k raked hands for about $24k (each package worth $12k I think??) which is about 6.04 cents in value per raked-hand.

Obviously this will be better if Stars cuts the Super-novas a break and lets them have the WSOP-ME at a better price than my projections.
Since they are playing there a freaking LOT I don't think it should be too much to ask to get 8-cents or more in value per raked-hand.

It's not mind-blowingly amazing...but if you are interested in participating in these things (as I am) it's not too terrible either.

And as O-Doyle pointed out you also get some value from the Supernova and VIP weekly and monthly tournaments.

Obviously if you aren't interested in these big events or the elctronic items there then it's not for you.