View Single Post
Old 10-29-2004, 03:24 PM

Default Re: Bad time for a slow play?

[ QUOTE ]
What was your read on your opponent? Unless he has been playing very loose and not paying much attention to other people, I don't like the slowplay here. I am assuming you have been playing TAG throughout the tournament. Any decent player would probably think that a raise from a TAG shortstacked UTG+2 probably meant a pretty good hand. That flop definetly looks like it hit your hand pretty well, and he very well may have thought you were trying to slowplay something.

Giving him free cards isn't going to let him make a hand that pays you off. He is either going to make a hand that beats you or one that folds to a big bet from you. Unless he is a LAG, I don't think it is likely for him to try to bully you out of the pot. I think you are just giving free cards to draws that could beat you. I think you should push at this flop and take down a nice sized pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it was my 3rd or 4th hand at the table as I had just been moved. So, I had no reads. And yes, I'm very TAG. I was hoping that he would catch two pair or had an A, and made a play at the pot.