View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 03:01 PM

Default Re: A hand that bugs me

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, i am going to risk sounding like a total noob here. How standard is the flop 3 bet. My initial incling was to call the flop and raise any turn, which is going to bet 100% of the time here.

For your line to be effective, you assume he either is drawing and want to charge him, or has a worse made hand and will pay off despite tons of action. The problem is, when he has a strong hand, you expose yourself to putting in a lot of bets with a medium strength hand and no redraw. By calling the flop, you can raise the turn for a free showdown, or value bet the river if his play feels like a worse made hand as opposed to a busted draw. I could be being results oriented here, but this way you control the # of bets going into the pot and never put in all that $$$ only to not showdown the hand. Just a thought.

Gabe

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I really butchered this hand. I three-bet because I felt that J6 was the better hand more than half the time. Didn't really like it when he four-bet.

Raised the turn with a sick heart (and praying that he just has a 5). Would've folded to a reraise.

When he bet the river, I was convinced there little hope (would've never folded against a BabyHan or some of the trickier players) and folded.

Badly played throughout.