View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 11:48 AM

Default Re: A hand that bugs me

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dcfrths,

Thanks for the comments. Though from your comments, I get the feeling you thought there were 4 diamonds on the river rather than 3. There were only three, does this change your thoughts at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh [censored].

call.

EDIT: and here's why imo: you could be semi bluffing a draw, and so could he. sure you feel foolish paying off a big hand or two pair, but he could just as easily have the draw to the diamonds with the 5 and the 4 is a great card for him to bet. but i dont think he has the straight. id call piejay's river bet here. definately makes the hand tougher though b/c its a lot closer.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh,... the river card was the third diamond. queen of diamonds. The turn card put the four liner out there, not the river card.

If the turn card was the third diamond and the river put the four liner (sounds like what you're thinking), then I hear what you're saying.

New thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

i give up. thats my new thought lol. for some reason i just couldn't read this hand for [censored].

so the TURN comes the 5 for 7654 and piejay bets out. there ARE two diamonds there correct?

i think raising this turn isn't the best play b/c he knows an 8 wouldn't raise immediately a good portion of the time. neither would a hand like 73. so you're raise tends to show more weakness than strength. at this point id just call him down. id expect to lose a majority of the time, but plenty enough to still call the 2 bets.

Barron