View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 12:32 AM

Default Re: Thank God for Roosevelt thru Bush 41

I am not advocating this as a system, but rather, showing why governments are necessary. If it was up to me, there would be no violence and we can all hold hands together and share everything in peace.

The existence of government sets up a system where criminals are punished, leading to less crime.

You cannot mind your own business. Those that mind their own business will be killed by those that do not mind their own business.

Governments are PEOPLE. Governments do not desire anything, they are a concept, not something physical. People make up governments. People desire weapons to kill you. They will always want to kill you because that is what people do. Just because they are not called "the government", that does not mean they are any less bloodthirsty.

They cannot stop without putting somebody in charge because there would be nobody to enforce an agreement. Agreeing to be friends only lasts as long as it takes for you to want to shoot me in the head.

Killing is not pointless, it is for the same reasons that we kill now. Food, resources, land, money, and hot chicks.

The government is the largest force, I thought we went over this already. You say they are a robbery force, that is your opinion and not the point of any of this.

That's right. In feudalism, one guy with land would give it out to people in exchange for military servitude. Effectively, paying for an army out of his pocket.

Board of directors? We elect most government officials, so therefore the citizens are the board of directors are they not? If we REALLY did not want to be in Iraq, then we wouldn't be.

Again, this is not a "system", but rather, what logically follows. I wish people wouldn't kill each other and that government not be necessary. Alas, I don't live in a dreamworld. If owners of property were really the primary protectors of order, then there would not be any police since they would not be necessary. I see police, so I can therefore assume that the police are pointless and exist due to some ancient conspiracy (your argument), or that they serve at least some purpose in maintaining order.

Society as a whole does not want banks to be robbed. Government punishes bank robbers.
Less bank robbers because it is -EV.
Is this hard?

Now, think about it. What possible purpose can governments serve that is not protecting the citizens? There are no other reasons. The only thing a government does is protect the welfare of its citizens.

What you cannot seem to comprehend is that people kill. Governments do not kill, people kill. Always have, and probably always will. How do you propose that be stopped?