View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 02:56 PM

Default Re: enternal hell bothers me

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Both of you who were bashing other religions are extremely ignorant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain.

--Its a little naive to think that your religion is better than any other religion. I think most of us pretty much agree that whatever God is out there, he is omnipotent and beneficient. Petty squabbling about dogma and scripture surely is not the intent of Religion (of God), it is the intent of men who pervert the Divine Truth. Religion universally preaches forgiveness and loving, and the current state of religious conflict is anything but. So, when you argue about which religion is best and why my God is better, you are only revealing your own ignorance.
[ QUOTE ]

Neither religion is one thing or another, it is the sum of those individuals who believe in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I judge a religion on it's founder, its God(s), and it's text.

--They are all the same. There is ONE God, and each religion is simply differing ideological interpretations of His truth.

[ QUOTE ]

Some Christians do HORRIBLE things, including killing Jews.

[/ QUOTE ]

God not Jews, anybody but Jews. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

--I meant that Christians and Muslims and whoever else can all be equally anti-semitic. It is not the religion at fault but rather the individuals who act on their own (often perverted) beliefs. In fact, Islam is actually one of the most benevolent and forgiving of the Abrahamic religions, it just so happens that some people twist its teachings to suit their own immoral views.