View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 08:57 PM

Default Re: Need help on first three table attempt - bad preflop play ahead.

hand 1 - raise is okay if you think people will likely be folding. It's a little LAGGY, but it's not the worst thing in the world. Limp is much better from this position (especially after one limper). Flop you CAN call, turn now you can call again. River I just call. Top pair by river is not THAT strong, you have no idea what sb has...he can have anything from a made straight (semi-bluffing whole way) to a set, two pair. He also could easily just have AJ or KJ. Still I like calling river. A raise is OKAY if you plan on folding to a 3-bet.

Hand 2:
Fold preflop to a raise definitely and it's not close. QJs CAN call if you expect a multiway pot, but QJo is situational to play when there's NO raise. 3-bet is okay on the flop as now the pot is getting relatively big. The turn you are DEFINITELY in big trouble, especially when he bets out. You might be drawing pretty slim. I probably give it up on the turn? What hands are you ahead of? Folding this preflop avoids those marginal situations where people have already shown strength preflop.

Hand 3:
Everything seems okay to me except POSTING utg lol, just wait one more hand buddy. River I probably bet out, especially since MP2 folded (I thought he had AK possibilities, but since he's out, no way). MP1's MOST probable hands are KQ-K9, all of which you are way ahead of. You are definitely not up against a set or higher two pair. There's a SLIM possibility you are up against Ax[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] too, in which case you are ahead of too. He probably wouldn't value bet that, but you definitely will get called by him.