View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Re: I Just Had A Heart Attack And I Don\'t Have Health Insurance (Long)

[ QUOTE ]
Well, you probably should have gone to the ER when this was happening. Even though you don't have health insurance, if you require medical attention, they have to give it to you. What will happen afterwards is someone from the welfare office will visit you and if you qualify, they will pay all of your hospital expenses for you.

A few years ago my mom was suffereing from congestive heart failure, with no insurance and barely any money to her name. She ended up seeing the best heart doctor that the hospital had, stayed in a sweet ass private room with a view and didn't pay a damn cent for any of it. (This was in FL).

If anything, pay a little out of pocket to go to a clinic and get a check-up. At least you'll know where you stand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely agree that it would have been smart for my well being if I had just gone to the ER, even if the problem wasn't actually a heart attack. Unfortunately, I was very high and very, very paranoid in this particular case after smoking. I couldn't think straight-- I was only thinking about how I was gonna die and if I didn't wanna die I had to call 911 to get admitted into ER only to live and then say goodbye to all my money. Needless to say, I won't be smoking again. This was a very bad experience for me, one that I'm still coping with.