View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Choose your own adventure.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It seems to me that the issue isn't whether the pot is big or small but *when* it gets big. Your big pair's equity is highest pf and decreases steadily as you go from flop to river (over n hands where n is large - not talking about specific boards here). This means you want to play fast pf and fast on the flop, your aim being to take the pot down without seeing later streets. Trying to keep the pot small pf and on the flop just gives drawing hands and lower pairs the implied odds they need to stay with you. Pot control becomes more important on the turn if the hand lasts that long, as your one pair hand is less likely to be good when all five cards are out.

Obviously all this is highly dependant on specific opponents, flop texture etc. etc. and doesn't allow for making plays but this seems logical to me. I'm open to persuasion though as I don't think I've quite got the hang of this pot control business...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I like that line of thought except that with a hand like QQ against a maniac that can bet all three streets and have any hand at showdown you have to start controling the size of the pot from the start.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or just bet/raise for value on all streets?