View Single Post
Old 07-31-2003, 03:45 AM

Default Re: Beaten like a Red Headed Step Child

I would probably just push in on the flop, given that I can't get away from it if he raises. On the other hand, if he's hit one pair he might read your underbet for an AK that missed, and play with you, while he might have folded to an all-in bet. Is that what you were thinking when you made the bet?

Preflop, if he'll call more, I suppose you should raise more. Certainly on Party's smaller NL games they'll call much larger raises with almost anything.

I guess he's getting 3-1 when he calls the raise, so he needs only to get another pot-size bet out of you if he flops his set and he has the odds. I wouldn't make his preflop call though.

When you bet the flop and get raised, the chances are you're behind because your play ought to mean an overpair. Still you can't fold: he might just have hit one pair and think you're betting an AK; he might have an overpair to the flop himself; he might have two pair and you just about have odds to draw out; and he might have a draw like 7d8d or Ad6d if you don't have the Ad.

Guy.

P.S. amazing stuff on Party. In the $25 game, I raised on the button with AA to $6, a huge overbet, and got a caller who pushed all in ($50 or so) on the flop of AQ3 holding Q-7 offsuit. I guess if I had Kings I might have folded...