View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 01:39 AM

Default Re: Good Time for Block Bet? Should I consider check-Graczing it?

I don't really like betting out this flop, it doesnt really accomplish much. The flop has enough in it (suited, connected, King) that you're probably against at least one hand who will call or raise. Of course, because you're OOP without a very strong hand, the turn will present you with a tough decision no matter what it is.

I'd check the flop, and see what develops. I'd like to see a moderate bet from the button, which you can then checkraise-push. You have enough chips left to have some fold equity against hands that beat you (weak kings, better 8's, etc.) and if you do get called, you probably have plenty of outs, as many as 14.

If it checks around and the turn is good (J, 8, any card lower than 8, [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) then you can bet out with a better idea of where you stand.

As far as your line goes, you clearly have to fold the river, i think you could likely be up against A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]x [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], but theres plenty of hands out there that beat your measly pair of 8's. And yes, a blocking bet is a good idea, 1000 chips would be appropriate. Obviously, folding to a raise.