Thread: AKs.
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 07:48 PM

Default Re: AKs.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think there is a problem when a one quarter pot lead, into the pre flop raiser who has shown tons of strength, in a 3 way pot that is very likely to have helped Hero, by a 6xBB preflop cold-caller, from the SB, when you have top pair top kicker is utterly confounding to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at this board, sir. This is not Limit, TPTK is not the nuts. Once more, it just comes down to what you put Villain on. I usually think of this as a big hand. Since it's such a small bet and I have a pretty good hand, I'll call and evaluate the turn. The drawing hands aren't very live so I can risk just calling here in the unlikely scenario of a gutshot betting.

Most of my call hinges on the fact I expect to figure out whether I'm ahead or behind by the turn for as cheap as possible. I see raising blowing off hands that are already far behind and keeping in the monsters that will most likely leave me stacked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you mind KJ KT, QJ folding to the flop raise.

this is not a way behind way ahead.

this betting the turn just because he checked sucks precisely because you don't know what to do when he checkraises.

he knows you don't have a monster on the flop like a set otherwise you would have raised.

I don't know why you like your line so much. if you want to keep the pot small, keep it small and check the turn. if you give a free shot you give a free shot. at least you are losing a small pot. this I bet the turn but I can't stand any heat crap sucks. if you are so sure of your likelyness to be ahead on the turn, then pushing after the checkraise should be a no brainer but its not a no brainer which means you aren't so sure you are ahead on the turn.