View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 01:46 AM

Default Re: This is an ace every single time

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I disagree about the fact that guessing a "random" number is better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just [censored] guess. We aren't going to sit here and calculate how good we are every single time this comes up against an unknown opponent. If it's close then it probably doesn't matter what you do and to decide I think about what I did last time and do the opposite.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this mentality. If something's EV is roughly 0, it doesn't really matter all that much what we do, but in most cases the EV is not 0. There is usually an edge one way or the other, it just appears too complicated, so it too hard for us to say which way it goes. When this happens, we usually just simplify, and go one way or the other. While this isn't awful, I think we can learn if we figure out that one way may be quite a bit more profitable than the other. I am not saying that is necessarily the case here, I am just saying that it might be the case.

I think a perfect example is a hand earlier today where we raised preflop with QTo, and the flop was something like 259. It was bet into us, and we were asked what to do. Plenty of people said call, plenty said fold, plenty said raise. It is probably pretty close, and pretty hard to figure out what the best answer is, but I bet there is indeed a best answer, and that if we could figure it out, we should be doing it every time.