View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Fantasy help, it\'s the playoffs! $$-time

You are 100% right in terms of the QB position being probably the most diluted position in FF. However, I stand by my theory of the "must-starts" if you will. You can doubt my FF knowledge if you want, however out of all gambling related activities I've ever participated in, I've had most success in FF: this is my 5th season, I generally play in winner take all money leagues, I won my first season playing and last year, and this year I'm easily in position to win it all (last year won $1600, this year I can win $3500). Like I stated in my first post of this thread, "If there's one thing I've learned about playing fantasy football, it's to start your stars playoff time." Not following this advice almost cost me the season last year in the championship game: I started Billy Volek over Donovan McNabb and Jake Delhomme in Week 16 (I was fortunate enough to have a deep enough to overcome this mistake and Peyton Manning playing for my opponent). Of course McNabb's Eagles already knew their playoff fate, and Jake had the tougher matchup, but he in fact was a very consistent backup for me and put up a good number that week as opposed to Volek's goose-egg. Consistency is the key here, and I believe both QBs showed their's yesterday effectively. As far as drafting Culpepper, I drafted McNabb in the second round last year, and he was by far my team's MVP, and playing the same type of league this year, I wanted to center my team around my QB. Unforunately, Manning & McNabb were already taken, and I didn't have the forsight to draft Palmer in a later round, but I also determined that a scrambling QB was valuable in my type of league. The fact I've been able to overcome wasting my 1st round pick this year further demonstrates my knowledge in this area, so please don't question it again.