View Single Post
Old 09-24-2005, 01:39 AM

Default Re: capping with AK out of position BTF

[ QUOTE ]
This is certainly player dependent, but many players play in such a way that who will have an equity advantage before the flop with AK. There was a recent thread where someone folded AK pf to an EP raise and reraise from tight players. Everyone agreed that it was a good fold. I often just call the 3 bet from the blinds or EP if I feel the reraiser probably has a narrow range.

[/ QUOTE ]

in the headsup situation,

many times when I open raise with AK in EP the 3 better has me beat most of the time, has me tied a small percentage of times, and very rarely is dominated by me.

about at least 1/2 of the time, when I open in MP, the 3 better has me beat.

pretty sure at least 1/5 of the time when I open in LP and get reraised, he has me beat; and 2/5 of the time i have him beat but not dominated; and 2/5 of the time i have him dominated.

with more players,

especially 3 opponents, i guess capping for value would be right, most likely. but when the # of opponents go higher than that, some believe AK goes down in value, but that's not the purpose of this discussion.

So,

given my experience thus far, i am quite not sure if it's the best thing to cap with 1, 2, or even 3 opponents, out of position.

can anyone give sum up these situations i listed above and make sense for me one way or another?

thanks very very much,

- Kenny