View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 05:53 AM

Default Re: Giving up small pots - theoretical question

[ QUOTE ]
P.S. [ QUOTE ]
I tell him he had the best hand

[/ QUOTE ] Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because i've been at the table for 10 minutes and all he's done is run me over.

[/ QUOTE ]
I sometimes do this too but I think it is a mistake EV wise and that as soon as I stop completely I will have become a better poker player.

The psychological consititution of a LAG just gets to me for some reason. Probably outside life related.

When I am clear headed I can take advantage of it and then I let him think he can dominate me. Let him think he is king. Let him think I am weak tight and then take advantage of it later when I have something or with marginal holdings in bigger pots. Usually he still thinks I'm weak tight and push way more than he should.

When I'm less clear headed, or have taken some beats, I have a tendency to engage in a struggle for domination with LAGs, usually only on a psychological level, i.e. in the chat, but every once in a while even in pots against the non-folding LAG type, in other words play bad poker. This happens less and less frequently, but it still creeps up once in a while and is a leak that needs to be plugged on the impossible road to perfection.

The higher the limit, the more important to have this leak plugged. There are few passives as they get slaughtered so fast so the LAGs start becoming the only exploitable fish available.

I know this is a note to self kind of post. Maybe some can relate to it though.