View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 06:19 PM

Default Playing live = great aid to playing online.

Playing live is a very good idea [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I myself have been an online player for a little over a year and never really bothered with playing live, it's smaller stakes, it's less money and it's somehow a lot more aggravating to lose money out of your pocket.

Well it's one of those obvious epiphanies but playing online is greatly aided by playing live. How?

1. You learn the value of tells and player tendencies a lot better and are a lot more likely to start making notes online as a result

2. You have the time to analyze each hand to it's bare bones. That's something I have simply not done for the past 6 months. I never had the time. I am 4 or 6 tabling and I am just grinding it out, not really thinking too deep into it. Live games allow you to sit and dwell if you've played correctly, how you coulda played differently etc.

I am sure there are other reasons I've missed, such as those cute chips splashing and free drinks brought to you, but let's get the ball rolling, I haven't seen a thread like this in um, too long.

Please share your opinions, experiences, stories [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]