View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Heartland Poker Tour allows questionable entry option

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And another question in general (not specifically about the HPT) I have is how do we know the extra 1760 goes into the prize fund? Nobody has a name tag on that says "I paid $2200" or "I paid $440". Some of the extra money may be added to the prize fund and some may not.

[/ QUOTE ]

This one is very simple for me. I want to know that every cent a player puts into the prize pool goes there and nowhere else. House fees MUST be stated up front and taken from the entry with the remainder going to a prize pool. Any other buyin structure is completely unacceptable to me. I wouldn't play in a tournament at all if I knew that the TD was pocketing some of the buyin money and not declaring up front what the cut for the house is. If 100 people buyin for $2200 I expect there to be a $220,000 prize pool. If 400 buyin I expect a $880,000 prize pool. If it's stated up front that $200 of the $2200 is for the house, that's fine - as long as I know before I pay my money into the prize pool. If the tournament directors are pocketing some of this money and not disclosing it, not only do I recommend not playing the tournament but I'd also recommend making it public knowledge so that those clowns couldn't run a successful tournament ever again.

On another note, it is not an "extra" 1760. The value of a seat is $2200. Every seat occupied by a player should add $2200 to the prize pool. You bought into the first round for 440 and took the equivalent of 5 of those buyins to the next round - or $2200. Is this concept that difficult for you to understand with your 2000+ posts?

[/ QUOTE ]

The 2200 is actually 2000 + 200. And the 440 is 400 + 40. So the 40 and 200 go to the TD's.

Now 2000 minus 400 is 1800. So actually I should have said the "extra 1800". I consider it an extra 1800 because according to Greg most players will pay the 400 + 40. If they didn't acquiesce to these guys format request, everyone would still pay 440 (or 275 or 550), play on Fri or Sat and maybe or maybe not come back on Sun.

Up until and including this month's even, one can multiply the finalists by 5 and multiply that by 400 to get the prize fund.

With next month's new structure, it won't be known how many pay 440 and how many pay 2200 unless they post a list of everyone who entered by name and entry amount. Otherwise we take it on good faith that the 2000 from the guys who pay 2000 + 200 goes into the prize fund.

Again, I'm not saying the HPT would do anything wrong. I was just asking if anyone has experience in a tourny where there is a two-tiered buyin like the Nov event.

And for the last time, it doesn't matter if it's now a 440 satellite and a 2200 tourney. The question I raise is Is it okay for TD's to be wishy-washy and change the format everytime someone asks? Is that a good basis to operate new tounament organization on?