View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Re: 27$ Bubble-\"have your cake and shove it in Villain\'s face too\"

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is an obvious play and I make a lot of chips calling down bigstacks like this.

Your cEV is huge if you just go all in. If you want some interesting game theory, lets think about it some more. Your on a bubble that you have so many chips on that you can exploit the middle stacks severly.

Change your hand to 23. I still autoshove. If the small stack calls, it doesn't matter. If he doubles up, hes still short enough to where you can continue to dominate the hell out of this bubble. By you shoving 23 you are guaranteeing the chips are going to only two people. Either you are the shorty. Either way you can keep dominating the bubble. Your making a -cEV play to protect your future cEV possibilities.

Basically, you should be shoving everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post. But the exact reasons you say I push for me, for this one time, I decided were wrong. If shortie doubles up, he is almost even with the the other two, if he busts, so does my exploitation potential.

IOW, when I push, shortie will ALWAYS call and either outcome will result in there no longer being a discrepency in stack size among the other 3 (or other two, depending on whether I win or not).

I can often get stacks down to below 1000 4 handed as the BS and it is well worth it to widdle them down when I feel they are weak on the bubble. I completely disagree with your reasoning, although I do agree that you cannot go "wrong" open pushing this, as i do 99% of the time.