View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 11:34 PM

Default Re: Reraising someone who raises too much

[ QUOTE ]
$1/$2 NL. This villain raises too much. Probably 16% or so. He almost always raises to $8. Every blue moon he raises to $6. The one $6 raise hes showdown, he had A6.

He raises to $6. Do you reraise with AJ? If so, do you make it $20? Or more than that? I assume you are potting most any flop if he calls?

One more question. Same villain (this guy is giving me problems) $2/$4 NL this time...still 6 max. Do you think his play is good here?

UTG raises to $16. Villain calls with T9s. BB reraises to $52. UTG calls. Villain calls. (all have $400) This seems pretty questionable to me.

Pot $156. Flop 873. BB bets $100. UTG folds. Villain calls. Is this a good call? Implied odds are shrinking with this much of the stacks in already.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think for first case, reraise to ~18-20 and then depending on flop, bet 75-100% of pot and then gauge his reaction.

The second play looks terrible, on flop, BB has put in 100 and now only has 250 left for the turn and river and villian is getting 2.5:1 on his call... I dunno, seems loose and will need to hit straight to win (since BB is representing aces/kings).