View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Stars 2/4--TPTK against likely draw

Okay, it looks like nobody's folding to Villain's raise at the end, and some are even c/r'ing it. So I feel better.

Here's the real story: Villain and Hero are switched. I was the idiot who open-limped in the CO. Why? Because I misclicked. I meant to fold my K2s, but accidentally hit call instead. Maybe I should have folded when BB raised, but I felt I had the odds to see the flop.

When the K hits on the flop, I feel pretty good. Sure, villain could have me dominated with AK, KQ, etc., but he could have also raised with AQ, AJ, QQ, JJ, or even worse against two weak limpers and the SB.

His flop bet is standard continuation bet, so I raise. When he three bets, I figure I'm toast, but decide to call down since:

1) He might still have QQ or JJ and be playing it aggressivley.
2) I might pair my kicker.
3) I really can't fold for one more bet on the flop with TP.

This was probably my biggest mistake in the hand (beside the misclick). I should have folded to the 3-bet, I think.

So I just call the turn.

Then, when the river puts 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s and some more straight possibilities on the board, and villain checks to me, I contemplate a bluff. My play sort of looked like I was playing a draw that might have gotten there on the river, and it's a major coup if I can get BB to fold the best hand here. I only need to succeed like 1/10 for it to be +EV (also adding in the handful of times where MHIG). But I decided to just check it through.

And the real villain in this hand, BB, did have solid, 2+2 type numbers. Seeing how none of you guys are folding to my river bluff, I think I made the right play (finally) on the river.