View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 03:30 AM

Default Short blackjack report... getting carded like woah, boring

Well its the holiday season, and I needed to get enough money to buy the presents I wanted to give; and to me, 625 dollars was as useful as zero with the things I wanted to buy, I needed to double that to 1250, or bust trying... that may sound stupid and like GA type lingo, but nevertheless, away I went to the desert diamond.

Ive been here 4 times since I turned 21 last week, and ive never been carded before when I went at night. I showed up this time at 5 o clock. I walk up to the entrance, and a bike cop stops me and asks for ID ... ok.. whatever, he's doing his job, though its weird theyve never cared before; in fact ive never even SEEN a bike cop until now, and I usually go after dark.

I continue walking up to the door, and the doorman asks to see ID as well... hrrm, whats the dealio, im not wearing a sesame street t-shirt or something. Whatever, Im in now.

I go look around the tables, and see the one that is 25-500 table limit. I decided I would buy in for 15 greens, and use margintale to either double or bust it, starting at 1 green. The dealer asks for my ID before I even buy chips. WTF?! Im giving you my money, stop asking for my ID. Fine, I do, I buy 625 in chips, and as soon as that happens the pit boss walks up and asks if I have a players card. "Umm, no...?" She gives me a quirky look, and then SHE ASKS FOR MY ID TOO, before ive even played a hand I get ID'ed 4 times. I never got asked if I had a players club card when I sat at the 5 dollar BJ tables, wonder what the deal is...

So I sit down on the far right, not wanting to play 3rd base for 25 bucks at a time with these guys table maxing multiple spots. Guy to my left is playing 3 spots @ up to 500 a piece and has gone way hot, sitting on a stack of about 8000. Guy to his left has about 3k and is playing 3rd base. I end up hitting a hot streak and cashing out 1300 dollars in about 40 hands. What would you know, THE M-F'ING CASHIER ASKS ME FOR ID!!!! Then they give me an awkward look like I swiped the chips, no kid this young should be cashing in 500 dollar purples... they glance around the cage for 15 seconds or so and finally pay me out questioningly. [censored] me... fine, so I decide Ill go over to the poker room and play some 3-6, after all, this all took place in about an hour. I get to the board and ... yes, guy who ive seen multiple times asks me for effing ID before he even puts me on the board. Thats #6. There was a long wait list and not enough dealers, so I said eff it and went home.

Ive never seen ANYONE get carded in these 5 trips to the diamond, and I got carded 6 times in 60 minutes, which leads me to believe one of the following:

- They got tipped off on some FBI sting operation and didn't want to get caught letting minors in.
- I looked especially young today.
- They are more strict for some reason during daylight.
- The 9 planets lined up on a day that is a palindrome (12/21) and it is astronomically slim that it will ever happen again.

What do yall who play at the diamond think?? Have you ever seen anyone get carded there??

PS - Do you have a players card, and what do you get comp'ed on it, and how much do you have to play?