View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Re: empire 55r

[ QUOTE ]
Pop to 3500 call a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a pretty bad line, and I hope you understand why. Raising 33% of your chips with JJ is, generally speaking, a bad play. I like the flat call others suggested (and that Hero took).

I'm with Sam T. somewhat in that I'm almost more scared on this flop that there was no cont bet or bet period on that flop. I'm almost more scared by the lack of action on this flop than I would be by a bet. Depending on the opponents I might consider firing a half pot bet, but more likely here I'm checking to see how things develop.

On the turn I hate that it's MP1 that bets into you. I really don't think you can flat call here because you're giving up way too many chips when someone else raises behind you, and you have two players left to act. Perhaps this is weak/tight, but I probably fold this and wait for a better spot, although I wouldn't hate pushing here either.

FWIW I also don't hate a push PF, although I think pushing PF is a high variance play with your stack. Very good hand for discussion though, JJ in a multi-way pot == tough!

-Rizen