View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 11:15 PM

Default Re: KT in MP...flop play

[ QUOTE ]
PRRing

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Given that you're in the hand, I see two decent lines. One is the donk, hoping that button auto-raises and knocks UTG out. Given that line, I plan to call down. Another alternative is to c/r and lead the turn if button just calls the raise. I slightly prefer the second line because it gives me the initiative and might allow me to get away from this in the face of further aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting...MP took a reasonable line, in your opinion (an opinion I've usually valued [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]). I was actually Button in this hand, holding A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and MP's play confused me. Here's the remainder of the hand:

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

When MP bet out the flop I put him on a weak king (maybe suited in diamonds or clubs) or something like A8, and raised to clear outs. The turn check/call supported that and added the possibility of a hand like J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Any non-heart, non-board-pairing river was an easy bet/3-bet.