View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 01:37 PM

Default Re: A couple of Bubble hands

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree that the second hand is better than the first. Technically 8 high is better than 7 high but we must consider that we will be going in as an underdog against any hand that calls. Therefore, I would prefer the hand with more possibilities. 74s has more straight and flush possibilities and gives you a better chance to suck out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but you're less likely to get called with one opponent left to act than two left to act. When you're looking to make these pushes, your chance to pick the hand up without getting called is the biggest factor in making the push. The marginal difference in hand strength is very slight compared to this. If he had the 83 in the first hand and the 47 in the second hand I'd give the same advice, but not because of the hand strength.

I realize that this is a simplistic assumption, and a good opponent will know that your pushing requirements increase when you only have one person left to act. However, you're still much better off trying to push one guy off the hand than two when your primary value is in the fold equity of your push.

-SonnyJay