View Single Post
Old 05-05-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Re: What is people skills?

[ QUOTE ]
If you are blessed with great intelligence, then you will probably find things like science, math, history, litterature, in other words great forms of human knowledge, much more interesting than the idiots who suround you. Hence their unsuitability for "people skills."

[/ QUOTE ]

most of the smartest/ most inteligent people who I've met are fascinated with everything around them including the people. granted some of them are more coy, but this isn't because a huaghtyness or lack of careing, intrest or empathy it's because of an aloofness and lack of signifigant comon ground. for instance lets say you go to a movie with some friends and the movie has an oversimplified plot and extremely corny and simple humor... you hate the movie your friends love it. it's going to be hard for you to relate with your friends through the medium of the movie. now lets take the most brilliant person in the world, whose mental pathways work in ways signifigantly different fromthe average bloke I would posit that their relating to the norm through world mediums would be similar to you relating to your friends through the dumb movie...

that's all the armchair psychology i have in me for today

-little fish

ps. Post #250