View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 12:26 PM

Default Re: Don\'t read if you hate dumb posts. How do I win MTT?

As others have said, read HOH and this board.

As for playing, I would recommend the Stars MTT SnGs, which range from 18 to 45 players (plus the $20+2 180-man). These are excellent practice for larger MTTs, since you get the full range of play in much less time. I don't know what your BR is, but it's a lot of poker for not much money.

As for winning, that's impossible to say. I think Exit said that makes the final table 2% of the time and he's quite good. So for the beginner, you're looking at a crap-load of tournaments to get close. Once you get to the FT, you gotta win, so playing about a zillion 1-table SnGs is a good idea as well; for this, Stars Turbos are best.

I've been playing a couple of years and have won one 1000+ tournament, and finished second in two; but any of those could easily have turned the other way if I come up on the short end of a coinflip on a key hand. (In the last week I've also busted third when a villain hit his 1-outer, and second when he hit his 6-outer on the river.) I think you have to be playing solid to get close, and avoid bad luck to actually win.