View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 11:55 AM

Default live flush board w/ trips

1/2 Foxwoods NL. Forgive me if I confuse the positions or amounts, all from sleep deprived memory.

Villian #1 "Boston Guy" is fairly new to the table but I've already seen him make some poor plays (lose calls, frustrated all-ins on the river).

Villian #2 "That Guy" plays tons of hands, chases, is agressive and creative. You've all seen this guy, he calls a re-raise with 9Jo and hits his straight on the turn.

stacks:
Hero: $240ish
Boston Guy: $240ish
That Guy: $500+

Hero is in MP and is dealt 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I raise to $15 (standard preflop raise at this table). Boston Guy calls, That Guy calls.

Flop: (pot = $45) J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero bets $40.
Yeah i'm afraid of the flush, but I have to make the naked A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] pay for it. Plus I can always fill up and take down a monster pot.
Boston Guy donk-raises to $80. That Guy flat-calls. Hero calls.

Turn: (pot = $285) Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero checks. Boston Guy is all in for $130. That Guy thinks for 5 seconds & calls $130.

Hero: ???

I have about $130 behind me. Pot is giving me 4 to 1. I'm only about 5 to 1 to win this hand, assuming nobody else has 2 pair or trips.

So I guess this is a laydown here?

Anybody else play this differently? Check/Call the flop and then fold to further aggression on later streets?

The reason I don't like that line is because I want to find out where I'm at, and as I've previously stated I hate giving the K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] a free turn.

iash