View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 03:16 AM

Default Re: Screen name change (fatskiis) And some long (LC) expatiation

[ QUOTE ]
This is really starting to anger me.

Quote:
Joe told you that the preflop cap was bad because you have little or no extra equity over the others in the hand.

Entity told you that by incorrectly bloating the pot preflop you are decreasing the likelihood anyone is folding AND decreasing the impact of your mistakes later in the hand.

I dont understand why you are saying this. If it is in response to what I said about the first sentence of Entity's post echoing what Joe Tall already said, you misread something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am saying this because you keep defending your preflop cap. Even your own pokerstove estimations which I think are underestimating the SB's 3betting range give you only 25% equity. Bloating the pot also makes it correct for your opponents to chase longshot draws.

[ QUOTE ]
He was in the SB. I would really appreciate it if all future references to my preflop equity directly address mine or some other pokerstove calculation. I think my equity is about 25% any way you slice it, making the equity arguement mute from both sides.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your estimation makes the SB 3 betting quite a bit light I think. And even if your equity is 25% then the point isn't moot either. You are still giving minimizing your opponents mistakes.

[ QUOTE ]

He never slows down with QQ or JJ (which btw I dont think are a significant part of his range, but for the sake of arguing with you). He never slows down with AK? He NEVER c/r AA or KK?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never is a very strong word, but it certainly isn't the 12% you estimate you need. I left JJ and QQ in there, but I don't think they play the flop this aggressively. So I agree they aren't a significant part of his range making your play even worse since you should be weighting his hand range much higher. Going for the checkraise against a player who obviously likes his hand(preflop cap, flop cap) is fancy play syndrome, and I don't think you can count on that nearly as often as you need to to make capping the flop a good option.