View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 10:51 AM

Default Re: Mouse in apartment, help??

[ QUOTE ]
Haha, Diablo is winding you up. The only creatures that carry rabies are dogs (perhaps other canines too), bats, and squirrels. (Any mammal CAn get it, but it is very unlikely in mice.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, so many contradictions in one post. First, there are no other canines besides dogs. Do you mean things related to dogs like foxes or weasels? You admit that any mammal can get rabies, and then go on to say only this small set of mammals gets rabies. You've never heard of rabid racoons, possums, cats, etc.? I agree that rabies isn't your greatest concern with mice, as the most effective way of transferring rabies is through bites or (less likely) scrathces, most of which will kill the mouse at the time of the incident.But they do carry lots of other diseases.

And to correct El D, who probably know whats up anyways, you no longer need a series of injection into your abdomen to get rid of rabies. When i got exposed to rabies I needed two large shots in my ass and one small shot in my arm. After that I got the same shot in my arm 3 days later, 7 days later, 14 and then 28 days later, and that should keep me vaccinated for a long time.