View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 07:16 PM

Default Re: ALL Forum Splitting Comments/Suggestions Go here!

[ QUOTE ]
I said some of this in another post, but:

1. I think that allowing players to self-select "Advanced" status would work. No snubs since nobody is kept out, and I think that most players have a pretty realistic view of themselves. Honestly, how many $5-20 players like me would have the chutzpa to say, "Hey, I'm one of the most insightful posters here."

2. Sort of a variant on the "Play a hand with the Masters." Have a forum where only advanced players can make the origial post, but anyone can reply. That cuts out a lot of the "Should I fold AA pre-flop?" stuff, but still allows people like me to be involved.

Just my my two cents.

Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

I think self selection makes the most sense. A lot of times the elementary questions get little response or sarcastic replies from me or others. So I think most people would post the elementary questions in the right forum.

I don't think a cutoff by buyin is appropriate. There is not that high a correlation of buyin to level of question. Also how do you compare buyins of a $120 live tournament, a $10 rebuy, a $25 turbo 2-table tournament etc.